Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Happy (belated) Birthday, January Peeps!

These birthday wishes go to all January birthday celebrants. This includes, but is not limited to:
  • Bubbie (aka Dar)
  • Ken (aka Daddy/Hubby/Hey You)
  • Charles
  • Andy
  • Debbie (aka Grandma)
  • Wendy (not Aunt Wendy, the 'other' Wendy)
  • Alan

We called most everyone, but not everyone and I'm certain that I haven't sent at least 2 gifts out. Remember that thing about chickens and heads - yeah.

Anyway *knock wood*, Mia seems to be on the tail end of The Cold That Would Not Die, which means she's back to sleeping through the night. First few weeks of this year have been rough because of that stinking cold.

Kieran's attitude is back in a big way. I need to pick up the "Raising the Spirited Child" that has been recommended to me a few times as I'm certain that my response to him is not the best. He sasses me and I sass back. It escallates - never good for anyone. It's been better, but his listening at school has been pretty bad.

That said, his report card, overall, was very good. Only a few spots to work on (follows directions and works well in groups - both of which we knew). Ken and I decreed that while Kieran is doing well in his triathalon work, he needs a more formal - group - activity and told him he has to go back to fencing. Kieran's actually excited about it and looking forward to his first lesson back tonight. I am hoping that will help him with both working in groups and listening.

It's also about time for us to find some after-school activities for Amelia as well. I'm going to look at dance and gymnastics for her, perhaps some singing as well (she loves to sing). Probably get her signed up this spring for something new.

Finally, I hope to get my phone connected this weekend (I know, so overdue) so I can begin sharing the photos I've taken. One in particular I want to share is Amelia on the guitar. She was signing the ABCs and was really into it. Ken saw the photo and called it her Joan Baez face.

Love to all, blog again soon.

No comments: