Monday, October 28, 2013

The End of ToDoo

Amelia began saying Kieran's name this past weekend. Before now, she's called him "ToDoo". It's been sweet, but Kieran was unhappy that she couldn't say his name. Then, on Saturday we're at the park and Kieran had run ahead. I called out his name to have him stop and Mia parroted me.

"Kieran!" she called
"Kieran, she said your name!" I said.

He stopped in his tracks, a huge smile lit up his face.

"Did you hear her?" I asked.
"No." he replied.
"Mia, say 'Kieran'"

And she did. She still occasionally calls him "ToDoo" but it's mostly "Kieran" now. He's pretty excited and so are we. It means she's going to be able to verbalize even more. Sadly, "NO" is still very common from her. But, she'll learn because half the time she says that to me, I reply with "I wasn't asking."

On a personal note, my grandmother fought her move tooth and nail. When I got to her place on Wednesday she was very upset and demanding to see the President of the retirement community. Screamed that 'You can't make me move!,' and 'I'll move out of here before I leave my apartment.'. It was fun (and by fun I mean it was completely un-fun). Then the President came in and somehow had her say it was OK to 'try it'. I sat with her while she groused about the whole thing and mom, Bob and my brother supervised the movers and hung pictures.

After an hour or so, she said she wanted to go see it - the new place. We got up there and most of her furniture was in, and pictures were being hung. She was so relived to see it all there, she nearly began crying. She says she really likes the smaller place now. So far, so good. She's been asking about her old apartment saying "There's nothing really left up there, is there?" To which we all just say "You're right, nearly nothing left." which is complete bollocks. While I am amazed at how much we fit into the new place, there is still an impressive amount of furniture left - including 90% of her dining room and most of her den.

One last story and then back to it for me - at dinner last night Kieran looked at me and said "Hey lady - how about a tall glass of water, please?". He's becoming quite the little Lothario.

Love to all blog again soon.

No comments: